Return to School Information
Dear BCSD families,
The South Dakota Department of Health has tasked each school with determining which individuals within the school are considered a close contact when a positive case is confirmed within the BCSD (staff and or student). The BCSD will work to the best of their ability to make this determination.
After the investigation is complete, the district designee will work with the Department of Health to determine which individuals are close contacts and will inform parents of the need to quarantine due to being considered a close contact.
Upon examination of the data from the 1st quarter, in which it has been determined that none of the close contacts that were identified and asked to quarantine subsequently became a positive COVID-19 case, and based on our current protective mitigation procedures we are taking throughout the District which include the following:
- bipolar ionization units throughout the entire districts
- HVAC system designed to eradicate all viruses
- hand sanitizer stations in all classrooms and commons areas
- bottle filler stations
- the regular use of electrostatic foggers throughout all facilities
- All mitigation procedures can be found in our Return to School plan on our website--- Bennettco.k12.sd.us
The BCSD district believes the school is a safe area for students and staff to be during a pandemic; therefore, we will be changing our Return to Learn quarantine process.
- School Close Contact--If an individual is identified as being within 6 feet of other for 15 consecutive minutes, the student will be asked to quarantine for 7 days from the time of last exposure. If they remain symptom free, after 7 days, they may return to school, but will be required to wear a mask for a total of 14 days from the time of exposure and will need to monitor symptoms at home as well as at school. At school, the student will be expected to check in twice daily with the designated school official for temperature check and symptom check.
- Home Close Contact--If an individual is considered a close contact due to an individual in the home being a confirmed positive COVID-19 case, the student will need to quarantine for 14 days from last exposure as recommended by the South Dakota Department of Health.